Saturday, January 5, 2013

Happy 2013...What's new with Red & Other Musings

Helloooooo! It's been so long. I never intended to be away from my blog for this long, but I've been so busy with my business these days - I love what I do, but I didn't have much time for anything else.

So what's new? What's exciting? What's going on with Red? Well a lot. A lot is happening but like most people it's important to them, but not to anyone else. However, the one big highlight was when I got interviewed by a beauty mag near the end of 2012 as an industry expert. That was a great moment as these types of articles are very hard to get.

Another proud moment was when my daughter created this beautiful painting - which now graces my front entrance way. She was only 7 when she did this painting at art camp back in the Summer. It just makes me smile. Cheerful don't you think?




Anyone ever post video's on YouTube? I have a few both personal & for my business, but nothing that ever went viral. I've always wondered what makes certain video's go viral. Upon my googling, I came across this video on TED.com. Kevin Allocca works for YouTube so he is your go-to guy if you are interested in becoming a You Tube star. I need to post a few new video's for my business, so if it goes viral, let's hope it's for the right reasons and not for the reasons he's shared in his video....


 




Oh...and I got bangs. Yes bangs. Apparently I was told that I was starting to look a little too much like a tree hugger with my hair parted in the middle. Then...the ladies at my daughters art studio stated that I reminded them of the Mona Lisa....whaaaaaaaaaaaat??? Say it isn't so! 


Red as Mother Earth



So...Ta da!



But what's wrong with a tree hugger anyways?

Marnie xo

10 comments:

Rachel said...

I love the bangs!

Marnie said...

Thanks Rachel!

Katherine Jenkins said...

Love you hair and the beautiful painting by your daughter! Here's to a great 2013!

NellieVaughn said...

I love the bangs. I thought I would let mine grow out, but after looking at your picture, I am reminded of why I like them so much.

Marnie said...

Katherine - Thanks. I got the painting stretched as I didn't want a frame to compete with the vibrant colors.

Nellie - I know what you're talking about. With bangs you have commitment. That middle part of mine was super easy.

Julie said...

Happy to see your post! Glad you're blogging again. Nice painting and bangs.

BamaTrav said...

You such a purdy lady, love me sum of them bangs. Great painting too. As far as viral, it only takes a little stupidity and a billion bored people. xo

David Macaulay said...

wow - it's been a while. Having posted a few vids on YouTube of later I'm interested in how things go viral. With 5 hits max, I feel I have a way to go lol

Heff said...

Heff is digging the hair !

Riot Kitty said...

Hey welcome back! Missed seeing your posts.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails